Anna Marie’s Pizza Dough
We get asked what makes Anna Marie’s pizza dough so good. We will not reveal our secret but we’re sharing this recipe to start you off.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup warm water (around 110°F/43°C)
- In a large mixing bowl (or mixer), combine the flour, sugar, yeast, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the olive oil and warm water to the bowl. Mix until the dough comes together and forms a sticky, elastic ball.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead it for 5-10 minutes, until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Lightly oil a large mixing bowl, and place the dough in the bowl. Cover with a clean towel, and let it rise in a warm, draft-free place for 1-2 hours, or until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat your oven to 450°F/230°C.
- Punch the dough down to remove any air bubbles, and turn it out onto a floured surface. Divide the dough into desired portions (typically, this recipe makes enough dough for two 12-inch pizzas).
- Roll each portion of the dough into a thin, round shape, and place it on a lightly oiled pizza pan.
- Add your desired toppings, and bake the pizza for 10-15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Enjoy your homemade pizza!
When you want Anna Marie’s pizza dough, stop by and see us.